The size of the data is largely irrelevant, it depends on how much of
it you need to use at once. For most setups, 4GB should be more than
enough. A single server is always a bad idea since it's a single point
of failure.
Concurrent users isn't really relevant with the database either since
it's unlikely all of them will be running a query at the same time.
Unless your queries are really slow.

I'm using a server with 2GB RAM that gets 300K hits a day, adds 250K
records per day to the databases, with one table having almost 50
million records.

Brent Baisley