Hi,

You can check this feature out on section 2.9 on the mysql 5.0 certification
guide (page 44).

this feature has some side effects other than requesting a where with
deletes and updates i.e.
Quoting for whoever doesn't have the MySQL certification study guide
1.UPDATE and DELETE statments are allowed only if then include a WHERE
clause that spedifically identifies which records to update or delete by
means of a key,value or if they include a LIMIT clause.
2. Output from single-table SELECT statments is restricted to no more than
1,000 rows unless the statment include a LIMIT clause
3. Multiple-table SELECT statments are allowed only if MySQL will examine no
more than 1,000,000 rows to process the query.

The --i-am-a-dummy option is a synonym for --safe-updates. :)

Gluck

Darren