This is a bit of a long shot, but i really need some help and or directed to the best reading resources.

as i begun building my database (as i went along), i now realise i have to stop coding and sit back and design the database properly before i can go on.

However i am still unable to wrap my head around what data to put into what tables, and which columns i need to link to make the relationships. so far, here is what i have.

TABLES:

users
-uid(pk)
-username
-password

articles
-article_id(pk)
-uid(fk)
-article_type(fk)
-article_subject
-article_body

article_types
-article_types_id(pk)
-article_type

So i want the user to be able to login and add articles.

I then want to be able to view all the articles the user has submitted.

So in my understanding i need to link the users.uid(pk) to the articles.uid(fk) (so i know which user the article belongs to, please correct and update me if i am wrong)

I am stuck at this point.

A) Have i created the right tables and columns for each table, AND
B) How do i link the articles.article_type to articles_type.type? (IF in fact that is even the correct linkage)??