From: Arthur Fuller [mailto:fuller.art...@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 September 2009 15:42
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Retrieving info from 2 tbls & ordering it

I think that you can do what you want with a simple union query:
select * from incoming where user_id = 123
union
select * from outgoing where user_id = 123
order by datetime_received, datetime_sent

hth,
Arthur

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Warren Windvogel
<war...@fontera.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have 2tables. 1 for incoming & the other for outgoing messages. They
both
> have columns for the userid & datetime_received/sent. I'd like to retrieve
> all records from both tables for a specific user id & order all the
records
> returned by the two datetime_received/sent fields. Is this possible & if
so
> could someone help me out as to how I could achieve this.
>
> Kind regards
> Warren
>
> --

Semi-retired SQL guru, interested in interesting projects not YAFOES (yet
another friendly order entry system).

05:52:00