We'd like to fill the remaining session slots for MySQL University this
year. Currently, there are 7 available slots in 2009, as can be seen here:

http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_University#Upcoming_Sessions

Anyone who has something technical to say about MySQL qualifies as a
speaker. MySQL University sessions take place on Thursday afternoons
European time, and normally have between 20 and 30 attendees, but quite
a lot of people listen to the recordings when the live session time
isn't convenient for them. We're using Dimdim as our conferencing
system, so the setup for speakers is very simple: Just grab a headset,
start a Flash-enabled browser on either Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, or
Solaris, perform a 10-minute test with the MySQL University host, and
you're ready for the live session. Everything is done through the
browser, so you don't even need a telephone.

So it's very simple to be a speaker, but what should you talk about?
Well, maybe you already have an interesting topic suggestion (or, even
better, a set of slides you can reuse), but you can also have a look at
topics suggested by attendees:

http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_University#Proposed_Sessions

MySQL University sessions are open to anyone, not just Sun employees.
Sessions are recorded (slides, audio, and desktop sharing), so if you
can't attend the live session you can look at the recording anytime
after the session.

Please suggest your session(s) to Stefan Hinz (stefan.h...@sun.com), and
let me know what date and time of the day would be best for you!

--
Regards,

Stefan Hinz <stefan.h...@sun.com>, Documentation Manager MySQL

Phone: +49-30-82702940, Fax: +49-30-82702941, http://dev.mysql.com/doc
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB161028