On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:13:25AM -0400, Chuck Lucas wrote:
> Yes, "host server" means ISP.
>
> I am able to view the logs because he lets me.
>
> I agree with you, I think someone else is shutting down the
> database, but he insists that my perl scripts are causing it to
> crash.  The only proof I have right now is the MySql error log,
> which lists the "normal shutdown" messages.  These messages occur
> everytime the database goes down.  I need to be able to show him the
> logs and prove that *I'm* not crashing the database,
> someone/something is shutting it down.
>
> I was just hoping that the MySql developers would see my post and
> tell me that "normal shutdown" messages will NOT occur if the
> database crashes...so I can go back to him and prove he's lying to
> me.

The "normal" basically means that it didn't crash.  But there are a
few "normal" ways in which MySQL can be shut down. Someone could do so
by sending the right signal to the right mysqld process, or via
`mysqladmin shutdown', and so on.

It sounds like the admin you're dealing with is being lazy and really
doesn't want to investiage what is happening.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.29: up 16 days, processed 105,690,521 queries (73/sec. avg)