1, Install unixODBC (look at www.unixodbc.org)
2, Then compile MyODBC with --with-unixODBC switch (I'm not sure about
the syntax, look in ./configure -- help).
3, Setup odbc.ini propperly (here U can use ODBCConfig)
4, In StarOffice U should be able to create ODBC Database (select mysql
driver in setup for db).

This worked on my RH7.0 box. Maybe it'll help.
                                Malmo
Malmo> If I only got 20$ for evryone who's too lazy to configure his own comp.
Bill Gates> "Why not?"