From: monem mysql [mailto:monem.my...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:31 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: upgrading from 4.1 to 5.4

Hello

I have to upgrade many mysql databases from mysql 4 and 4.1 to 5.4 with a
large size 2.7 TB

All tables use the MyISAM engine.

I have to make that update on live system with minimal down time possible.

The official method takes too much time. But I've read that we can use '*dump
and reload'* to upgrade directly to 5.1, will it work with 5.4?

Also the tables contain many charset? Will they be altered?

It's first time that I do that.

Are there any better solution and any precaution to take?

thanks for your help.

monem

confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.