Hi
I just did a new installation of Suse 11.2 and found that I couldn't
connect to mysql from a php script because mysql.sock was
in /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock rather than /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.  I
changed all the lines in /etc/my.cnf for the socket
to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.  Now my php scripts connect but I can't
connect to  mysql from the command line.  I get the error can't connect
through socket /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock. What do I have to change to
make the konsole use /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock?

Thanks,
Scott