I have 2 - 5.0.51a mysql databases setup in a dual master scenario. A is master of B and vise versa...
In Linux 2.6.26 (if that matters).
Everything is great while all is running normally. But, when I am testing the system by creating disasterous scenarios, I find some challenges I hope to get overcome.

Let's say 'A' machine's plug gets kicked out of the wall and so when mysql restarts it starts fresh bin-log and the slave 'B' does not realize this change and we are now out of sync. 'A', however will simply catch up to 'B' and there MAY not be a problem.

Even worse, 'A' dies and no one does anything about it, then later 'B' dies. Now Someone finally comes along and restarts both machines at the same time and neither are on the 'same page' and are totally out of sync.

How, without re-copying the datafiles and starting over (after determining the most up to date machine to use), can I bring both 'A' and 'B' to the same point so I can move forward?

Thanks,

Bryancan