From: James Dekker <james.dek...@gmail.com>
Sent: 14 October 2009 20:06
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Unable to Login to MySQL 5

Hello there,

I have been using MySQL 5 on my OS X Leopard based laptop for quite
some time now...

Didn't have a password set and my login was "root" on localhost.

Downloaded just now the Spring distribution was following the steps to
run the petclinic sample application.

Ran the following scripts to set up petclinic:

CREATE DATABASE petclinic;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON petclinic.* TO r...@localhost IDENTIFIED BY
'root';

Now, when I try to login to MySQL using the SequelPro client:
http://www.sequelpro.com/

I am unable to login!

This is the error Sequel Pro and also the command line states when I
login as root with no password (which was working before I ran the
petclinic script):

"Unable to connect to host  because access was denied.