I'm not sure what to search on to see if someone has reported this as
a bug or if I'm doing something wrong...

Generic code to draw a SELECT element on the screen sometimes it ends
up like such...

SELECT DISTINCT name AS myvalue,name AS mydisp FROM names WHERE
name!="" ORDER BY myvalue

On 4.1.22 this returns

A A
B B
C C
D D

On 5.0.22 this returns

D D
D D
D D
D D

The odd thing is that if I remove the order by clause it works fine...
It also works fine if I remove the second copy of the column BUT this
is generic code so it might also be doing something like "productid as
myvalue,productname as mydisp" where the values are different.

Ultimately I can sort the array I end up with but it seems like this
should work. Especially since it did in 4.x.

Am I crazy? Doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Matt