Hi Tomasz

There are several solutions for this, one of them, maybe the most popular, is MySQL proxy, take a look to see if solves your issues.

http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy

Carlos*

*
On 10/25/2009 12:41 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
With PostgreSQL, I can use pgpool2[1] tool as a load balancer/replicator for queries:

postgres_server_1\
                  pgpool2 --- client
postgres_server_2/

Generally, pgpool will query either of the SQL servers to load balance (and failover, if one of them goes down), and send "writes" to both servers (replication) so that their content is identical.

With MySQL, what tool should I use to achieve a similar setup?

[1] http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/