Hi,

I followed the instructions but still get:

mysql> delete from mytable;
ERROR 1451 (23000): Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (temp file operation failed)
mysql>

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
Hi Sebastiaan,

Steps to fix the issue.
1. Do proper shutdown of mysql server.
2. Check the error log file that mysql server is shutdown properly.
3. Remove log files (ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1).
4. Start mysql server (The log files will be created automatically)

Thanks,
Krishna