What I am more concerned about at the moment is how much the uncertainty
over the deal is hurting MySQL?

I was recently in a project planning meeting where MySQL was dismissed
completely because nobody could give guarantees about where MySQL was
going. There were a lot of concerns over where future development would
go and a fear that when the deal goes through Oracle may slowly raise
support and training costs to the sort of levels applicable to Oracle
database products. These kind of arguments seem impossible to counter
for as long as the uncertainty continues and I for one wish they would
just resolve the situation either way very quickly because its hurting
my business and open source software!

regards
John