Yes, you only have to delete the directories.

Carlos

On 11/12/2009 8:16 AM, Miguel Cardenas wrote:
Hello

I noticed that mysql 6 alpha is no longer available so I want to
remove it from my laptop and install the latest 5.x version. I have
just restored my Linux system image so my database is clean and empty
and is a good moment to do it.

My question is, how can I remove it completely from my disk to make a
new clean installation? The current installation is from source code
in /usr/local/mysql and as far as I know everything is under this
directory except /etc/my.cnf

Is it enough to delete that directory and file?

Thanks