Hi everyone,

Here is a rookie question.

The problem what I found is that mysqldump and phpmyadmin generate different
size of backup file against same database.

I try to dump same database with the 2 different methods, the original
database is 2.8mb, phpmyadmin export 1.5mb file, and mysqldump export only
941kb file.

I know there must be some difference between the two export method, but
after I import the 941kb file which mysqldump created into a new database,
it just works fine.

So I'm not sure if I can use mysqldump as the best option to do mysql
backup, can someone can help me to figure out why phpmyadmin would generate
twice big file? And I see some post that address it is not recommend to
import mysqldump file by using phpmyadmin, because it will cause problem.

Thanks and best regards

Wang