Johan,

Yes, there are built in parsers for different formats, for example I
was using the general log.
mk-log-player --split Thread_id --type genlog

(genlog was added the other day and is only in trunk so far)

http://www.maatkit.org/doc/mk-log-player.html

--type

    type: string; group: Split

    The type of log to --split (default slowlog). The permitted types are

    binlog

        Split a binary log file.
    slowlog

        Split a log file in any varation of MySQL slow-log format.

Cheers,

Ewen