Hi,

I do get two new Sun Fire X4170 servers with 8 SAS 300GB HDs, 24 GB RAM
each.

Right now, we do not have a lot of data in our databases (5 small LAMP
servers), which should be consolidated.

(The second Sun Fire X4170 will be the Webserver-Sun, the DB-Traffic
will have his own gbit switch (Webserver-Sun <-> MySQL-Sun) )

There are more reads than writes.

To simplify matters, I'd like to use virtual MySQL-Servers (Master and
Slave) on the sun and use one large raid.

Also I was thinking, to use one RAID 1 for the virtualisation-system and
the other six harddisks for the virtual servers.

What RAID would be the better choice? 10 or 01?

What do you think?

Thanks for any suggestions and best regards,

        Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt