Hi all.

I am running into a very frustrating problem trying to created a stored
procedure.

I had originally assumed I was using bad syntax, but even examples copied
and pasted

directly from the manual are giving the same error.

mysql> CREATE DEFINER = 'walton'@'localhost' PROCEDURE account_count()

    -> BEGIN

    -> SELECT 'Number of accounts:', COUNT(*) FROM mysql.user;

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near '' at line 3

mysql>

This example can be found at:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/create-procedure.html

Google has failed me on this one.

Can anyone advise me as to what I need to do to troubleshoot this?  Also if
it is in error in the documentation,

how would I go about notifying someone so it can be corrected?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.