[JS] Quick reminder: domain names can be much longer than 20 characters.
Otherwise, your suggestion is wise.

Also, Eva, you should check out the MySQL functions INET_ATON(expr) and
INET_NTOA(expr). Before you use them, though, check to make sure they handle
IP6 addresses. If they do, then you should store your IP addresses as
integers.