From: Mikhail Berman <mikhail...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:42:14
To: machiel.richards<machiel.richa...@gmail.com>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Subject: Re: table export in cron

Hi Machiel,

As an alternative, you might consider use of mysqdump command,
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqldump.html,  in a KSH/BASH
script running from cron

The script might look like this:

=====

!#/bin/ksh

mysqldump --password=yourpassword [more switches needed here]
your_database your_table > /path/to/output/file

====

mysqldump command has switches to accomplish fields termination as you
need, plus it gives opportunity to specify target database via
--compatible=name
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqldump.html#option_mysqldump_compatible>switch.

Hoping this helps,

Mikhail Berman