Hello.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 10:18:17PM -0230, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Can someone please help with this database problem.

There are too few information to give a satisfying answer. Especially
the context (i.e. the query in question) is missing.

The error message states, that you somehow created a situation where
you ask MySQL to insert a second record with the value 'tim' into a
column with unique constraint (i.e. a unique index), which already has
a record with 'tim' as value for this column.

Some (but not all!) possible reasons:

- you are trying to create a unique index on a column which is not
  unique

- you are changing the character set and in the new character set two
  characters are considered equal (regarding sorting), which they
  where not before (rather not in your case)

- you are just trying to INSERT or UPDATE a record and there is
  already another record with value 'tim'.

Bye,

        Benjamin.