From: Albert Padley [mailto:ap3des...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:37 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Join Suddenly Failing

I have a website that gets used once a year for a soccer tournament. It has
been working fine since 2006. No script changes since it was last used in
2009. All of a sudden the following script started throwing an error.

SELECT contactinfo.contactdata, contactinfo.ContactID FROM team, person,
teamperson
LEFT JOIN personcontact ON person.PersonID = personcontact.PersonID
LEFT JOIN contactinfo ON personcontact.ContactID = contactinfo.ContactID
WHERE team.teamID = 22
AND team.TeamID = teamperson.TeamID
AND teamperson.PersonID = person.PersonID
AND person.PeopleTypeID =5
AND contactinfo.ContactTypeID =2

Error: Unknown column 'person.PersonID' in 'on clause' (1054)

There are several of these type scripts and all are giving a similar error.

The server version is 5.0.87. I suspect the hosting company may have
upgraded to a new version of mysql.

Thanks.

Albert