spikerl...@gmx.de wrote:
Hello,

we want to set the global variable ft_min_word_len from the default "four" to the value
"three".

This is needed because we want to search for words with the max. length of
three characters in one application.

I've read that after setting ft_min_word_len to the new value, a "REPAIR TABLE
<tablename> QUICK;" is required.

Now the question:
The MySQL holds more than one database but I only want to take affect the
modification to one special database. Is there a problem with indizes in other
databases or can I ensure that the affect only regards to one database?

Regards
Spiker

Once you change the Global setting, it affects all fulltext indexes. You will need to do the same REPAIR TABLE command on all tables currently using a fulltext index to keep the index and the setting in sync. Failure to do so can cause problems (crashes and corruptions) if you continue to use an index created with a different ft_min_word_len than the server currently has.

--
Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.