Hi,
For Linux:*How to change the mysql database location*

   1. Create the directory that will be the new datadir. ( example: /home/db
   )
   2. Change ownership of new folder to the mysql user and group: sudo chown
   -R mysql:mysql /home/db
   3. Stop the MySQL database server: sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop
   4. Now you need to edit the /etc/mysql/my.cnf file
      1. sudo nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf
      2. look for “datadir = /var/lib/mysql” and change it to datadir =
      /home/db
   5. copy the files from the old datadir to the new location. However, make
   sure that the files named
   ib_arch_log_0000000000, ib_logfile0 etc. are not copied to the newer
   location.
   6. Make sure that the files and directories are owned by mysql user.  If
   not: sudo chown -R mysql:mysql /home/db/*
   7. Restart the MySQL database server: sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start

Hope you find this helpful.

--
Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar