If you have performance problems, and no slowlog, maybe it just isn't
enabled in your config ?

Your indexes may not have changed, but the size of your data has. A query
that does a full tablescan will run acceptably on a few thousand records,
but be damn slow on a few million - especially as soon as the size of the
dataset to be scanned exceeds the system's filesystem cache.

Find out what queries are going slow, and use explain to see what you can do
about it.