May I suggest this link?  I found it useful.  I haven't looked but there
may be more recent posts with additional information.

http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2007/09/18/how-to-debug-innodb-lock-waits/

Donna

From:
Jesper Wisborg Krogh <jes...@noggin.com.au>
To:
mysql@lists.mysql.com
Date:
02/01/2010 03:43 PM
Re: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get  lock;
try restarting transaction

Try to run

SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS;

Near the top there will be some information on the latest deadlock.
That might help you to understand what is deadlocking. Sometimes
changing the query or changing the indexes can remove the condition
that causes the deadlock. I don't know whether you have triggers on
any of your tables? If so that's one place to watch for as well as
the deadlock will show up as it is on the original query even if it
is a trigger causing it.

Jesper