Using "load index" might help, but you'll have to make sure you allocate
plenty of space to your keycache. If the queries are identical, the query
cache might also be a good candidate, but that seems unlikely.

The memory will also be used by your OS to cache often-used parts of the
filesystem, including the data- and index files. This will also help.

Consider using compressed (archive) tables, as they require less disk I/O
for a given amount of data to be retrieved. Consider additional indexes,
maybe even clustered indexes if the dataset you need is very close to what
you use in the where-clause.