MySQL Galera Multi-Master Replication
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Galera_Multi-Master_Replication

This Thursday (February 11th, 14:00 UTC), Seppo Jaakola & Alex Yurchenko
will talk about MySQL Galera Multi-Master Replication. Galera provides
synchronous multi-master replication and uses a certification-based
replication method for replicating transaction write sets in a DBMS
cluster. The replication method requires close co-operation with
database transaction processing and DMBS must support a specific
replication API to be compatible with Galera. Codership has integrated
Galera replication in the InnoDB storage engine, and the resulting
MySQL/Galera cluster product has been published as a production-ready GA
release in December 2009. The MySQL/Galera release 0.7 is available on
the Codership  and Launchpad sites.

For MySQL University sessions, point your browser to this page:

http://webmeeting.dimdim.com/portal/JoinForm.action?confKey=mysqluniversity

You need a browser with a working Flash plugin. You may register for a
Dimdim account, but you don't have to. (Dimdim is the conferencing
system we're using for MySQL University sessions. It provides integrated
voice streaming, chat, whiteboard, session recording, and more.)

MySQL University is a free educational online program for
engineers/developers. MySQL University sessions are open to anyone, not
just Sun employees. Sessions are recorded (slides and audio), so if you
can't attend the live session you can look at the recording anytime
after the session.

Here's the schedule for the upcoming weeks:

Here's the tentative list of upcoming sessions:

    * February 18: Performance Schema: Instrumenting Code (Marc Alff)
    * February 25: Securich - Security Plugin for MySQL (Darren Cassar)
    * March  4: MySQL Column Databases (Robin Schumacher)
    * March 11: Improving MySQL Full-Text Search (Kristofer Pettersson)

By the way, did I mention that we need more speakers to fill up the 2010
schedule? If you'd like to be a speaker, have a look at this blog post:
http://blogs.sun.com/mysqlf/entry/mysql_university_speakers_wanted1

Cheers,

Stefan
--
Stefan Hinz <stefan.h...@sun.com>, Documentation Manager MySQL

Phone: +49-30-82702940, Fax: +49-30-82702941, http://dev.mysql.com/doc
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels