From: Richard Reina [mailto:rich...@rushlogistics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:23 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: query help

I am trying to write a query that merges 2 columns from different tables and
show them as one column of data.  Something like the following.

payables
ID  |check_no| amount|
3   |3478    | 67.00 |
4   |3489    | 98.00 |
8   |3476    | 56.00 |

paychecks
ID  |check_no| amount
23  |3469    |498.00 |
34  |3502    |767.00 |
36  |3504    }754.00 |

I am struggling to write a select query that gives me amounts and check numbers
from both of the tables in the same column.  Like the following:

ID  |check_no| amount|
3   |3478    | 67.00 |
4   |3489    | 98.00 |
8   |3476    | 56.00 |
23  |3469    |498.00 |
34  |3502    |767.00 |
36  |3504    }754.00 |

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

individual named.  If you are not the named addressee, you are notified that
reviewing, disseminating, disclosing, copying or distributing this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability
for any loss or damage caused by viruses or errors or omissions in the contents
of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. [FriendFinder
Networks, Inc., 220 Humbolt court, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA, FriendFinder.com