On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:12:36PM -0500, Joe Stump wrote:
> You should be able to change your mysql.sock in your my.cnf or php.ini file
> and it will work. I'm thinking that it's a sock error you are getting.

Joe,

Thanks. By coincidence this appeared in the php.net annotated manual today:

===
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
12-Jun-2001 02:09

For the "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)" errors:

Set "mysql.default_socket= /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock" in php.ini and
restart Apache.
===

I'll test later when there's less traffic on the server. Since I didn't have
this set in either my.cnf or php.ini at all, I guess MySQL decided to change
the default location of the file from /tmp.

Whit