From: vegiv...@gmail.com [mailto:vegiv...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Johan De
Meersman
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:52 AM
To: Jerry Schwartz
Subject: Re: Partitioning

that's very much gonna depend on what your selects look like. For example, a
low-cardinality but often-where'd field makes an interesting candidate, as such
a partitioning will take the size of your table scans down. If you know that
you'll mostly access just last month's data, partition on year+month.

YMMV.

[JS] This is a thought experiment. The cardinality is excellent, since a give
product typically has one or two prices.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

195 Farmington Ave.