Ya, that one is helpful... just trying to land on a solution like I've seen in
other DB's that have index-advisor that listens and creates what it thinks is
the perfect indexes ... but thx...

From: mos [mo...@fastmail.fm]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:33 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Index analyser

At 03:28 PM 2/23/2010, you wrote:
>Is there still no such thing anywhere for Mysql as an index analyser?
>Many others have such a thing that will sit and monitor db activity over a
>poeriod of time and suggest the exact indexes on each table based on what
>it has seen to improve performance....
>Anyone got that for MySQL?

You can look at www.maatkit.org/doc/mk-query-digest.html

DESCRIPTION

This tool was formerly known as mk-log-parser.

mk-query-digest is a framework for doing things with events from a query
source such as the slow query log or PROCESSLIST. By default it acts as a
very sophisticated log analysis tool. You can group and sort queries in
many different ways simultaneously and find the most expensive queries, or
create a timeline of queries in the log, for example. It can also do a
"query review," which means to save a sample of each type of query into a
MySQL table so you can easily see whether you've reviewed and analyzed a
query before. The benefit of this is that you can keep track of changes to
your server's queries and avoid repeated work. You can also save other
information with the queries, such as comments, issue numbers in your
ticketing system, and so on.

Mike