I have a perl script that periodically reads and enters (via perl->DBI parsed
system output (about received faxes) into a table.  Since the old output is
repeated I have put, when creating the table, the UNIQUE key on the field of
the faxname, which is always different (something like fax000007879.tif)

Every time the script is run many of the old faxes that have already been
entered into the table are still on the server (as I would like them to be).
As a result MySQL via execute() dutifully warns about all the duplicate errors.
Is there anyway to redirect that output so the it does not appear as standard
output? Or is it a bad idea to do so and should I being doing a different sort
ow query altogether?

Thanks,

Richard