Hi all

                Maybe someone can assist me with this one.

                A while back I requested some information relating to the
MySQL innodb buffer pool size that seems to fill up rather frequently.

                The buffer pool is currently set to 3Gb , and it takes about
2-3 weeks after a restart to fill up.

                Someone replied and stated that this is preferred to be
running at 100% usage as it means that it is running optimally.

                However, the oracle guys in our office disagrees with this
and want to know the following:

.         If the innodb buffer pool is at 100% full, how will we know when
it needs more buffers

o   i.e. let's say the database starts getting very busy and needs more
buffers, how will we know that it requires this if the buffer pool usage is
already at 100%.

I am fairly new to database administration so no luck in answering them on
this so I would appreciate the assistance.

Regards

Machiel