At 04:18 AM 3/18/2010, Tompkins Neil wrote:
Hi

I'm currently looking to develop an on line web application - which is going
to be used by around 200+ concurrent users at any one time.  Can
you recommend to me the best/preferred MySQL database engine to use for
example MyISAM ?

Also, in your experiences, do you recommend that SELECT statements
containing a number of INNER JOINS should be execute from a Stored procedure
or purely from the webpage ?

Neil,
I would recommend using MyISAM if the queries where 90% reads and less than 10% writes. Since you are running a webpage you will of course need to use parameterized queries to avoid sql injection attacks. Innodb is fine if the table is small enough that it will fit into memory. If you don't have enough ram on your machine then innodb can be quite sluggish. If you need transactions, then Innodb is necessary.

Mike