I want to select all the rows where the minimum
of column1 and column2 are bigger than the maximum of col3 and col4

... WHERE Least(col1,col2) > Greatest(col3, col4) ...

PB
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

-----

Peng Yu wrote:
I don't see there is a function to compute min or max of two numbers
in a row. Essentially I want to select all the rows where the minimum
of column1 and column2 are bigger than the maximum of col3 and col4
(The following code won't work as I expected, if I am correct).

select * from a_table where min(col1, col2) >= max(col3,col4)

I could expand the above expression to just using primitive
comparisons. But it would not be very readable. I'm wondering if there
is a better way to do so in sql.