Hi List,

Table structure:
mysql> DESCRIBE FlightRoutes;
+---------+------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field   | Type       | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------+------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| EntryID | char(36)   | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| Dep     | varchar(5) | NO   | MUL | NULL    |       |
| Des     | varchar(5) | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| Route   | text       | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
+---------+------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
4 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> SHOW INDEXES FROM FlightRoutes;
+--------------+------------+------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| Table        | Non_unique | Key_name   | Seq_in_index | Column_name |
Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
+--------------+------------+------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| FlightRoutes |          0 | PRIMARY    |            1 | EntryID     |
A         |       21375 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| FlightRoutes |          1 | ixAirports |            1 | Dep         |
A         |        1943 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| FlightRoutes |          1 | ixAirports |            2 | Des         |
A         |        7125 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
| FlightRoutes |          1 | ixRoutes   |            1 | Dep         |
NULL      |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | FULLTEXT   |         |
| FlightRoutes |          1 | ixRoutes   |            2 | Des         |
NULL      |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | FULLTEXT   |         |
| FlightRoutes |          1 | ixRoutes   |            3 | Route       |
NULL      |           1 |     NULL | NULL   |      | FULLTEXT   |         |
+--------------+------------+------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Query:
mysql> SELECT Dep, Des, Route, MATCH(Dep, Des) AGAINST('FACT,OMDB') AS
Relevance FROM FlightRoutes;
ERROR 1191 (HY000): Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list

I don't get that.

What I have is a bunch of records:
Point A, Point B, Route 1
Point A, Point B, Route 2
Point A, Point B, Route 2
Point A, Point B, Route 3

What I want to achive, is to select the Route from Point A to Point B that
has the most relavence.... Naturally, I'm just starting to play with this
now, but I fail to see how I can possibly play with FULL TEXT indexes when
mySQL doesn't see / use the FULL TEXT that has already been created.

Thanks for the assistance.

--

Regards,
Chris Knipe