From: Jay Blanchard <jblanch...@pocket.com>
Subject: RE: Pivot Query in
To: "VR Venugopal Rao" <venugopal.vell...@cmcltd.com>, "MySQL"
<mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Date: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 4:57 PM

[snip]
Date, ProjectCode Building, Number of Copies

I want to get a Connsolidate Report of

Project Code   R&D   STP

1007304----------04-------04

(Group by Project Code)(Sumtotal Building wise).

I have tried to execute the following code :

select pcode, building, sum(ncopies) from request group by
pcode,building

It is giving the following repott

1007304--R&D--04

1007304-STP--05

Here there is a repetition of pcode,

How can I avoid this. I want to get the Building Name on top as Column
Names
and bottom I should get the Count.
[/snip]

We would need to see some of the raw data to help you but this older
article may point you in the right direction with crosstab (pivot)
queries;

http://www.evolt.org/node/26896