Hi!

I have to correct immediately the release note: the new my.cnf parameter
name is

innodb_unix_file_flush_method.

It should be specified only in special cases if you are not satisfied with
disk
write performance. Read the InnoDB manual about the risks in specifying this
parameter. It is not a variable parameter, but an ordinary parameter: do not
try
to set it with

set-variable = ...

but use

innodb_unix_file_flush_method=...

Regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy

Hi!

MySQL/InnoDB-3.23.39 binaries and source now available for Unix at
http://www.mysql.com. Windows binaries will be released in a few days.

InnoDB is a database backend which brings high-performance transactions
and row level locking to MySQL.

Main changes in InnoDB:

* CHECK TABLE now works for InnoDB tables.
* A new my.cnf optional parameter innodb_unix_file_flush_method introduced.
  It can be used to tune disk write performance.
* An auto-increment column now gets new values past the transaction
  mechanism. This saves CPU time and eliminates transaction deadlocks
  in new value assignment.
* Several bug fixes, most notably the rollback bug in 3.23.38.

Support for arbitrary size BLOB and TEXT columns in InnoDB will come
during June. If a new version of MySQL is released at the end of June, then
in that version, otherwise a source code patch containing the support will
be
posted at the InnoDB website.

For more information look at http://www.innodb.com. The most up-to-date
InnoDB information is always posted at that site.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy