Hi All,

I have a table that uses auto_increment to generate the Id automatically
working fine. However, I need to create a new table where the Id must be a
number generated randomly, so I cannot use the auto_increment.

MySQL has a function RAND. So I could use something like this:

SELECT FLOOR(RAND() * COUNT(*)) AS RandId FROM mytable

But, let's suppose that the RandId is a number that was already used in the
table. Then I need to run the SELECT again and again until I find a number that
hasn't been used.

Is there a way to have this SELECT to loop until it finds a number that hasn't
been used?

The RandId must be only numbers and length of 6 (from 1 to 999999). No other
character is allowed.

Thanks for any help!

Andre

--