On 5/30/2010 5:44 PM, Lancer wrote:
> Hi there. Sorry for my poor english.
> Iinstalled MySQL 5.5 m3 though original RPM package and I modified the MySQL
> root password. When Iinstall WordPress, I got the error message like 'Error
> establishing adatabase connection'. But when I clear MySQL root password,
> everything goes well. I don't know that why. For security, Idon't want keep
> the empty password for production service. Anyone can help me to resolve it?

Im just guessing but, did you flush the privileges ? maybe the change
have no taken effect and then the valid password is still the old one.

> Btw, phpbb using mysql (not mysqli, it normal working) extension, phpbb will
> return error message like 'Access Denied for r...@localhost (using
> password:NO), why display NO and why phpbb use root to connect to database?

I dont know the deep details on phpbb, but the account is usually setup
in a config file (there you can change root...).
Also note that mysql extension uses old style passwords and mysqli the
new ones, you can get more info on the manual:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/old-client.html

Hope this helps.

Carlos