Hi All

                One of the managers requested me to find out about the
replication testing on MySQL as one of our clients need this to be done
soon.

                Basically what they want to do is the following:

.         Currently a master slave replication is in place.

.         Testing will entail the following:

o   Stop master database

o   Switch over to Slave database and confirm everything is working as
should and all Data is available.

o   Switch back to master database after it has been restored

o   Confirm that all is working again and that all data are available on
both databases.

I am not yet to this part of my studying as I am fairly new to MySQL and I
am hoping someone can perhaps provide me with some info / resources on where
to get this info from.

Machiel Richards

MySQL DBA

Relational Database Consulting