I have been looking high and low but am having trouble finding good
  info. I need to try to lock down mysql with strong passwords
  password expiry yadda yadda. I've looked at securich and am not sure
  I want to use it.

  All I really want is to prevent users from be able to change their
  password directly. If I can do that, then strong passwords, password
  expiry etc are all very trivial using some sort of script/webpage
  whatever to change passwords. Is there a way to prevent users from
  being able to change their password other than modifying the code to
  break set password?

--
     www.suave.net - Anthony Ball - a...@suave.net