Hello all,

Thanks much for your replies.

OK, so I realized that I may not have explained the problem clearly enough.
I will try to do it now.

I am a researcher in computational linguistics, and I am trying to research
language usage and writing styles across different genres of books over the
years. The system I am developing is not just to serve up e-book content
(that will happen later possibly) but to help me analyze at micro-level the
different constituent elements of a book ( say at chapter level or paragraph
level). As part of this work, I need to break-up, store and repeatedly run
queries across multiple e-books. Here are several additional sample queries:

* give me books that use the word "ABC"
* give me the first 10 pages of e-book "XYZ"
* give me chapter 1 of all e-books

Definitely, at a later stage when I start making my research available to
the community, I will need to be able to provide fulltext (or chapter-wise)
search also to the users, among other things.

Please let me know if you have additional comments.

Andy