Using 5.1.41/Ubuntu

I have 2 tables, members & countries. The former has a column, country_id (tinyint(3) unsigned). The countries id column is the same (although auto_increment). I'm trying to select just those countries for which there is a member. So I decided this query should do the trick:

SELECT c.id, c.name FROM countries AS c INNER JOIN members AS m ON m.country_id = c.id GROUP BY c.id;

And, indeed, it works like a charm. However, I'm using the CakePHP framework, which creates a query like:

SELECT `Country`.`id`, `Country`.`name` FROM `countries` AS `Country` INNER JOIN members AS `Member` ON `Member`.`country_id` = 'Country.id' WHERE 1 = 1 GROUP BY `Country`.`id`;

This not only gives an empty set, but also throws 171 warnings (more on that below). I've remove both the WHERE and GROUP BY clauses with no success. I've been staring at this for an hour now and can't see what the trouble is. Can any of you?

As for the warnings:

Warning | 1292 | Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: 'Country.id'

I've searched online a bit without success. There was a submitted bug:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=46641

... but I haven't been able to figure anything out based on that (except to agree that this error "message" is definitely not very enlightening). Can anyone shed some light?