Hey list,

Got another strange problem.

I'm in the process of migrating a 4.1 server to a 5.1. Replication is not
compatible between them, so I have an intermediate 5.0 server. Setup is
thus:

4.1 -> 5.0 -> 5.1

The server-id is different on all servers. It's been soft-set, followed by a
flush logs, and it shows correctly. All servers have binlogs enabled, and
the 5.0 has log-slave-updates enabled. The 5.0 additionally has a set of
replicate_wild_do_db statements.

Now, replication from 4.1 to 5.0 works fine. However, *some* replication
from 5.0 to 5.1 simply doesn't get sent/executed, while other does.

For example, creating a table on the 4.1 replicates to the 5.0, but not on
to the 5.1. I've checked, and the statement does show up in the 5.0 binlog.
It does however not show up in the 5.1 relay log, although that slave
correctly follows the 5.0 master - no lag, both IO and SQL running, no
errors and correct (and counting) logfile and position. I do see other
modifications (inserts, updates and deletes) in the 5.1 relay log, which I
presume get executed correctly.

Additionally, when I do a create table on the 5.0 host, that replicates
correctly to the 5.1 host.

Can anyone offer some clue as to what goes wrong ?

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn