Hi

As far as i know, DON'T DO THIS
mysql with serveral instances accessing the same database will not work
as expected.

check
http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/u/Multiple_servers.html

we run mysql over nfs but only with one instance.
seems to be quite stable (db server freebsd - nfs server netapp filer)

regards

Sven Huster
Senior IT Systems Engineer