In order for this to work you must have privileged access
to the mysqld server on which you must be able to execute
a GRANT statement to allow access from your host. If
you do not have this privilege then you're out of luck.
Connecting from other hosts then the server host is
considered to be a security risk which is why it is
disabled by default.

Neil